Recognition

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Just Us Girls #723 -- MOODBOARD Week

Vicki is hosting MOODBOARD week at Just Us Girls.  This week, let your cards be inspired by the photos, colors and or words in the picture above.  There is a larger view of the moodboard on Just Us Girls. I focused on the standing sunflower (is it a sunflower, I am not sure) drawing in the oranges and yellows (and pale blue background).  My stamped flower is from a very old Papertrey Ink set, Copic colored, layered and mounted on an embossed background.  To finish, I added a matte gold, layered sentiment, and twine knotted with a gold bead.

These cards will be donated to Operation Gratitude, an organization supporting our Military and first responders letting them know that what they do matters. One of the handmade items they request is handmade cards for their care packages so recipients can write their loved ones.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made three additional cards from the same Papertrey Ink set.



Check out our fabulous guest designer for April, Colleen Begley. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Colleen's Creative Corner

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPapertrey Ink Botanical Blocks
Essentials by Ellen Stitches Cover Plate
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello die
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid orange and black cardstock
Concord & 9th Matte Gold cardstock
Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Embellishments Reflections colored twine
Misc. size 8 bead
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your sunflower is fabulous, Elizabeth and I like the cover plate you used too! Pretty card!

Carol said...

Great cards, every one of them. Your sungflower is striking. The one in the moodboard I think is a Gerbera daisy...one of my favorite flowers. Your card is definitely inspired by it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Eliz Your card is so pretty, actually they all are. That is a PTI set that I never ended up getting but it always `stands`out! Well done and the EH embossed background is amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

I had to find another Sunflower for my card - as you picked my FIRST choice, Elizabeth!!

I adore these PTI Botanical Blocks, and you've colored your Sunflower so beautifully!
[you might see those lilacs around here soon!]
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome sunflower! Your coloring brought it to life 😊

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your sunflower is so pretty and that textured die is such a perfect choice for your background. Nice touch with the gold sentiment, too.

Bobby said...

I have that old set too, Elizabeth, and your coloring is marvelous. I love that stitched background too.