Saturday, March 18, 2023

Christmas Card Throwdown March Theme Challenge


This week,
 Christmas Card Throwdown is challenging us to include a SNOWMAN and DEER in our cards.  I thought this was such an interesting combination. I made my favorite...an one layer, colored card.  I decided to build my scene around the sentiment.  The card involved masking, Copic coloring and blending. The snow was added with a stencil and embossing paste.

Be sure to drop by and see the inspiration cards made by all the design team members and leave them some love!

Enjoy.  I can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesColorado Craft Company Sled Bunny
My Favorite Things Deer Friends
My Favorite Things Merry Christmoose
My Favorite Things Snowfall stencil
My Favorite Things Drifts and Hills stencil
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards red pearl
Wendy Vecchi embossing paste
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Simon Says stamp masking paper

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love your curious reindeer (especially Rudolph's red nose) and you adorable shew globe! Lovely texture in your sky as well! I can't believe it's one-layer! Hugs, Kate!

Kate said...

I really need to wear my glasses before I hit enter when leaving comments! But I'm sure you know what mean! Not sure, but I think autocorrect may have had a hand in that 🤣

Kathy said...

Eliz, your card is just so sweet...these curious deer trying to figure out what's going on with the snow globe. Your card design and all the techniques are just wonderful...such a beautiful job with the copics! Smiles, Kathy

Fabiola said...

oh Elisabeth, quelle jolie mise en scène, j'aime beaucoup, biz

Greta said...

What an adorable card!

Tee said...

Adorable deer, pretty background & snow on this fabulous one-layer card!