Recognition

Friday, December 31, 2021

Inspired By...YOU! IB200



For their end-of-year challenge, Inspired By... is challenging us to make a card influenced by one of 2021 weekly winners.  There were a couple of cards I really wanted to CASE but I decided on Silke's October winner in the I'd Fall for You challenge.  

I took away the following elements to incorporate into my card:  I love Sile's layout.  I knew I wanted use 1) the highlight circle to the left of the card.  2) The width-length sentiment used to ground the images.  3) The subtle "falling" items.  I also love 4) Silke's use of My Favorite Things characters.  The card came together quickly.  I used MFT's STAX stitched dome dies for the highlight focus; die cut from Memory Box paper.  The stamped sentiment is from MFT's Bitty Thanks and Gratitude, layered atop Memory Box paper.  The snowmen are from MFT's Christmas Cuteness; stamped, die cut, and Copic colored.  Falling from the top of the card are about a dozen snowflakes created using an ancient Marvy Uchida punch.

Thanks for the inspiration Silke!

Enjoy. 

5 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Your snowmen are adorable and your card is super cute! Love your design and tips for how your were inspired. Happy New Year!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year! Oh my....this is just adorable! Love your take on Silke's card...the snowmen are just the perfect substitution! Thank you so much for celebrating with us!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute pair they are! This is a delightful card, Elizabeth. Thanks so much for joining us for our 200th celebration!

I Card Everyone said...

happy New Year, Elizabeth! Thanks for ending 2021 by partying with Inspired By! You've done a superb job of CASEing Silke's card and making it your own!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your win -- no surprise though, as this card is super adorable!