Recognition

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Just Us Girls #613 -- WORD Week


Welcome Back to JUST US GIRLS!

I am excited about 2022 and hope my creativity (and yours!) manifests itself into some amazing cards.

We are welcoming two guest designers for the month of January.  We will have these talented ladies for five weeks sharing their inspiration.  Please be sure to stop by and check out their posts.

Stef Perry, Perry Papercrafts
and
Chrissie Stokes, Simply One-of-a-Kind

Additionally we are welcoming two fabulous new designers to the Just Us Girls team.  You will be able to see their creations week in and week out.  Please drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Carol McFarland, Saw it. Had to make it.
and
Lisa Elton, My Paper Tales

This week at Just Us Girls, Nancy has chosen the WORD: BEVERAGE. Given it is New Year's Eve, I felt a cocktail would be appropriate. I made a martini shaker using Picket Fence's Martini Glass. The glass was die cut from dark gold Stardream cardstock, and filled with a shiny mix from Little Things from Lucy's Cards. The shaker was mounted on a Stampin' Up DSP cardbase. The white embossed sentiment is from Two Lips Stamps. As a final touch, I made an olive spear using a flat toothpick and Copic-colored olives assembled from die cut circles.

Enjoy! I am looking forward to your BEVERAGE creations in the gallery.
Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card. That sentiment made me smile. Happy 2022!

Nancy said...

Such a PERFECT card for the New Year, Elizabeth! Love the greeting and that you added 3 olives! I love olives! Way to rock my Word this week! Happy New Year!

Ina G said...

Fabulously sparkly celebration creaton Elizabeth. Your olives just finish this one off perfectly. Great take on our beverage challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Amazing martini shaker! I love the gold sequins and your awesome olives. That background paper is perfect on this.

Stef Perry said...

I absolutely adore your sparkly, festive card Elizabeth! And the sentiment had me chuckling!

Bobby said...

How creative, Elizabeth! A shaker makes it fun and the sentiment makes it funny. Love all the gold and your handmade olives. Happy 2022!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cool and very creative! I love the martini shaker and especially the olives and clever sentiment!

cm said...

Fabulous martini shaker and your sentiment made me laugh!
hugs~carol

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, this card is absolutely brilliant! The shaker cocktail is a clever idea and I just love the super fun sentiment. I wish you a happy 2022.