Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Paper Players - PP558 - A Color Challenge from Ann


This week at The Paper Players, Ann has proposed the following colors for our cards: Blackberry Bliss (deep purple),  Rich Razzleberry (red purple), Polished Pink and any other one color of our choice.  I picked distress colors as close as possible: Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and Tattered Rose.   I used Memory Box' Delphinium stencil on an A2 panel, randomizing flowers, locations and colors. Stems were added in with my fourth color: Stained Walnut. 

To create the flower panel, I had taped the cardstock down.  When pulling the panel up, I tore the paper.  What to do now?  I could recreate but my patience was at its end.  I decided to set a much smaller section of the flowers in a window.  I die cut Poppystamps' Madison Arched Window from kraft, adhering a small section of the flower panel to the back.  The widow is mounted on a pale purple cardstock atop a kraft cardbase.  The stamped, foam-mounted sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words.  The final touch was Wink of Stella on the flowers.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Eliz! I love the smaller section of the flowers behind the window die. What a wonderful way to save the day! These are such pretty purple hues. Thank you for joining in my color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Such a pretty window and scene "outside"! Love the textured blue background as well! Thanks for playing with our colors this week at the Players!