Recognition

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Inspired By...IB186 Back to School & Christmas Card Throwdown September Color Challenge




This week I am combining the challenges at
Inspired By... and Christmas Card Throwdown.  At Inspired By..., we are working with a Christmas photo inspiration featuring blue ombre. While at Christmas Card Throwdown, we are working with three shades of blue.  I created a CAS Christmas card featuring the layered snowflakes of Birch Press Design.  I layered my snowflakes in shades of blue, mounted on a black Stardream card base, dry embossed with snow from Alexandra Renke, and added a white embossed, Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words sentiment.  This is the card reflected in the photo above and submitted to Christmas Card Throwdown.  

However, on my first version of the card, I covered the card base in fine translucent glitter using sheets of Scortape.  The first version of the card is my favorite, however, I could not figure out how to photograph the card for the life of me!  I have attached a picture that does not do the card justice on the left, and will submit to Inspired By... with leniency requested.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What beautiful Christmas cards! I love these icy layered snowflakes!

I Card Everyone said...

It couldn't BE more perfect, Elizabeth!! Thanks so much for playing at IB gain this week!
=]

Rosmarie said...

Perfect combination of the two challenges!!!! The result is just stunning!!! I'm sure your first version is amazingly beautiful too!!! - Too bad we sometimes have trouble photographing certain products! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Fabiola said...

magnifique Eliz, j'aime ce design moderne, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Danni Reid said...

ABSOLUTELY amazing cards, these are so perfect for the challenge and such a gorgeous result! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!