Recognition

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The Paper Players - PP547 - A Sketch Challenge from Laurie



At Paper Players this week, Laurie has challenged us with a very CAS SKETCH.  A central rectangle with an embedded sentiment and an object to one side.  I made a sweet summer card using one of my favorite Pure Innocence sets, My Favorite Things Fun in the Sun.  The white embossed sentiment is from another Pure Innocence set, Beach Day.  I cut my center panel, added 'waves' using Mama Elephant's Stitched Wave dies.  On the panel, I foam mounted my copic colored, fussy cut, Pure Innocence.

One more thing.  I discovered my very first white pen that works!  There was a recent discussion on Split Coast Stampers on the problems with the Uniball and gel pens.   I own at least a dozen and they have never worked for me (even with all of Jennifer McGuire's tips).  One discussant said that she used a Posca white acrylic marker and it had never failed her.  I found it here on Amazon and it worked from the minute I uncapped it.  Just amazing.  See the beautiful dots on the swimsuit...Posca.

Easy peasy.



2 comments:

Nancy said...

This is one of my all time favorite MFT sets as well! I love your water and her sweet yellow polka dotted bathing suit! such a great card! Thanks for linking up with us this for Sketch week at Paper Players! Take care!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a darling summer card! Love the waves with that sweet little image. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!