Recognition

Friday, July 2, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #492 - A Sketch by Cécile



This week at Freshly Madde Sketches we are working with a square SKETCH with a central square holding a flower.  The sketch is classic but I wanted to try something a little unconventional for me.  I die cut the Simon Says Stamp Cosmo Flower Frame into my central square panel and colored the edges of the flower die cut with a black marker. I cut a panel slightly smaller than the central square and covered it with scortape, affixed to the back of the central square panel and inserted the outside die pieces.  I started then to slowly add microfine glitter to the exposed scortape areas from the center (yellow) outward: navy, aqua and turquoise.  If I had realized how light the turquoise was, I would have first mixed it a bit of the aqua for a smoother blend.  Live and learn!  The white embossed birthday sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Karren said...

Wow your glitter flower is fabulous! So sparkly! Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.