Recognition

Monday, June 21, 2021

AAA Birthday Game #26 - Flowers



The keyword for this week at AAA Birthday is FLOWERS.  Fabulous word for birthday inspiration.  I tried, today, with the cards I made to stretch myself and use medium other than copic markers (my favorite).  For this card, I used Prisma pencils on kraft cardstock.  The image, from Paper Smooches Best Buds, is clear embossed over Versafine Onyx.  I channeled my inner Dave Brethauer, Memory Box.  I took a lot of classes from Dave early in my cardmaking career and he loved color pencils.  I went slow, in circles, adding at least three layers of color. After posting this card, I decided to go back and add a couple of white opaque highlights.  Not sure which card I like better.

Enjoy.



3 comments:

Jane said...

Both versions look awesome, couldn't choose between them. Loving the pencil colours on the kraft card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nananas said...

I really love the CAS look of your card and those flowers are so lovely! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

Valérie said...

I love the CAS style of your card and I love Paper Smooches stamps. The result with the pencil on kraft cardstock is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday and hope to see you again. Stay safe and keep crafting! Valérie DT