Recognition

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Just Us Girls #844 -- WORD Week







Join us! It is WORD week at Just Us Girls.  Carol is challenging us to use the word "MOVE" in our cards. Interestingly, I took this literally and made the card below.  I can always use a new home card in my stash, but as I thought more about MOVE, I realized Carol probably meant for the card to move. I decided to make a Christmas shaker with Cathy Zielsky's tree coverplate. I made sixteen cards with 4 letter-sized sheets. I love dies with no waste! Eight shakers and eight of the cards above with repeating trees.  The shakers were easy and filled with large sequins. The small tree die-cuts were sprayed with metallic paint (in a box!) and added to white A2 card bases. So easy.


Check out our fabulous October guest designer, Carrie Sheridan. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Carrie's Custom Cards! 

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/Dies/Stencils/OtherSimon Says Stamp Tidings of Cheer
Concord & 9th Holiday Sayings
Simon Says Stamp CZ Design Tree Coverplate
----
Spellbinders City Holiday
Mama Elephant Home Sweet Home
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid color cardstock
Concord & 9th matte gold cardstock
Vellum
Memory Box 6x6 DSP (house card)
Glossy black cardstock (house card)
Ink Dyslusions metallic spray (tree card #2)
Memento tuxedo black dye ink
Embellishments Stash large sequins
Pretty Pink Posh gold stars
Reflections clear rhinestones
Amazon gold micro dots
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great take on the prompt with that moving to a new home card! And I love your shaker cards and the way you could use the die cut trees from the coverplate to make even more cards! Brilliant way to use everything!

cm said...

Your shaker cards - as well as those made with the 'leftovers' - are outstanding showcases of this week's theme. You've definitely been 'moving and shaking' in making all these delights.
hugs~carol