Join us! It is MOODBOARD week at Just Us Girls. Vicki is challenging us to take inspiration from this moodboard. Really, look, there is so much to see. I could have made a dozen designs from this board. Instead, I made half a dozen of the two cards pictured. I just loved the picture of shoes in the middle of the board. I had the new Alex Syberia press plate of dress shoes and decided to create a birthday card in gold. Very simple but says a lot... perfect for my BFF.
I also loved the dachshund at the bottom. I have had this dachshund die from Scrapbook.com for ages, and thought I would make a card for my great-nephew-to-be. The baby is due at Thanksgiving, and I plan to give him a book a month for the first couple of years of his life, like I did for his father. Do you remember a young one in your life to whom you would say, "I love you thissss much," and spread your arms? I wanted to use this idea with the dachshund, but I couldn't pull the sentiment together. This card is good, but be mindful that the little bits were tedious to make six (the others are for donation).
Check out our fabulous guest designer for September, Julia Aston. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Create with Julia!
Also check out the design team. These ladies work hard to inspire you each week. Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.
Enjoy! I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery.
Elizabeth
| Project Details | |
| Stamps/Dies/Stencils/Other | Alex Syberia Bow Shoes (press plate and stencil) My Favorite Things Celebratory Greetings Spellbinders Sentiments of Wonder press plate and dies Hero Arts Infinity Rectangles ----- Scrapbook.com Mini Hello Dog Concord & 9th Just Saying dies Hero Arts Infinity Rectangles |
| Cardstock | 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest Concord & 9th matte gold cardstock ----- 110lb Neenah Solar Crest 80lb Neenah Desert Storm Bazzill solid color cardstock Vellum |
| Ink | |
| Embellishments | Amber rhinestones Glimmer gold hot foil Reflections pink heart gemstones |
| Desk Staples | Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter Scor Pal Mini Score Board Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Ranger Stamp Platform Bearly Art Precision Glue 3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive 3M foam tape |
1 comment:
Your shoes card: gorgeous! Your dachshund dog, adorable! Both are wonderful takes on the moodboard.
Hugs~carol
Post a Comment