Join us! It is STENCIL week at Just Us Girls. Sue is challenging us to use a stencil in our card creations. This week, I used a Pinkfresh stencil and die combination. This is one of Pinkfresh's "triangle" stencils, which makes lining up the image for every color and die-cutting easier. I layered the die-cut image three times with white cardstock. A mistake. I would have loved to back the layered image with colored cardstock, maybe another shade of green, but the white edges of the die-cut layers were distracting. So I embossed the card front with an impression plate, mounted the layered image and a simple die-cut sentiment. The final touch was a few glitter dots. This card was fairly intensive to make, so I only made four duplicates for donation.
Check out our fabulous guest designer for July, the amazing Bonnie Klass. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Stamping with Klass!
Also check out the design team. These ladies work hard to inspire you each week. Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.
Enjoy! I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery.
Elizabeth
| Project Details | |
| Stamps/Dies/Stencils/Other | Concord & 9th Script Thanks (part of C&9 Spring Print die set) Pinkfresh Floral Field stencil and die Pinkfresh Stitched Octagons Impression Plate |
| Cardstock | 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest |
| Ink | Various Simon Says Stamp dye inks |
| Embellishments | Taylored Expressions glitter dots |
| Desk Staples | Dahle 550 Rotary Cutter Scor Pal Mini Score Board Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Ranger Stamp Platform Bearly Art Precision Glue 3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive 3M foam tape |
9 comments:
Elizabeth, I couldn't wait to see how you made this and now I am intrigued by what triangle means in you description. Such pretty results! Your colors grabbed my attention right off the bat! Another spectacular card!
This is just fabulous! Your color combo is fantastic
Hi Elizabeth. You card is so gorgeous. I just love the "field of flowers" and the colors you used are fantastic! I hope you are doing well. I think of you often and love when you visit my blog. I am also curious about the triangle stencils you mentioned and how they help with lining up and die cutting....
What a fabulous card Elizabeth! The stencilling gives the flowers so much added dimension - they really look layered in their appearance. So bright and cheery against the white background with the white diecut 'thanks' too.
Simply gorgeous and what fabulous colours too Elizabeth.
This is the most beautiful field of flowers, Elizabeth! It's so bright and pretty and I am amazed that you did four for donation! I'm sure they will be so happy to get them! Thanks for such a warm welcome at JUGS this month!
This flower meadow is truly beautiful. Thank you for all your comments; it's certainly very informative. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
xx
Beautiful and cheerful, lovely, vibrant colours. Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada ❤️ 😊 🇨🇦
Your meadow of flowers is nothing short of stunning, Elizabeth. Talk about an inspiring showcase of stencils!
hugs~carol
Post a Comment