Recognition

Sunday, September 1, 2024

The Paper Players PP705 - A Theme Challenge from Joannne



Join us! It is 
THEME week at The Paper Players.  Joanne is challenging us to use SPOTS or STRIPES in our cards.   
This week, I decided to test my patience.  I have this gradient dot cover die from The Stamp Market and thought it would be a geat time to give it a little exercise.  I like my die cuts inlaid.  So... all the cards I made are inlaid.  It would not have been tedious if the dots were all the same size...but there was a gradient which required a bit of precision.  On the card above, there is a rainbow of color dots, a layered sentiment and silver glitter dots.


My 2024 New Year resolution is to make at least one multiple of every challenge entry.  In keeping with my resolution, I made three copies of this card.  Where was my head?  On one duplicate, I used the colors vertically; on the other duplicates, I used fewer colors to speed up the process.

Check out our fabulous guest designers as well as the rest of the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesThe Stamp Market Gradient Dot Cover
Simon Says Stamp Big Hello
Hero Arts Thank You Message Cover
Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid color cardstock
Ink
Embellishments Pinkfresh silver glitter dots
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Elizabeth, look at all the polka dots. I love your group of fun cards. Love those big sentiments, too! Have a great week!

Jan Clothier said...

You are absolutely the mistress of the bold die cut sentiment! I love your rainbow of dottiness too. A perfect CAS card! :-)

Stef Perry said...

Elizabeth, you have quite the commitment to not only your craft but to your resolution! Precision and patience, indeed, but it definitely paid off - all those cards are fun and festive, and will be sooo enjoyed by the recipients!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the gradient of rainbow colour on this card Elizabeth - bravo for persisting with the dot placement, SOOO worth it!

Jaydee said...

Polka dots and rainbows - the perfect combo. Oh. and I love your placement of the dots - so worth the effort.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

You do have the patience of a saint, Elizabeth! However, the end product is so worth all of the time you put into creating your cards. The color gradient is so cheery. I LOVE the bit of sparkle added by the embellies. You have created a card which will brighten any recipient's day! Have a wonderful weekend!

LeAnne said...

Did you hear the thud that my jaw made as it dropped to the floor!? You have INFINITE patience to make not only one, but multiples of this card! Wowza, so impressive! Love them all!