Recognition

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Just Us Girls #743 -- COLOR Week

(Sorry about the poor picture, I usually remember to dust cards off before I photograph them!)



Bobby is challenging us to use the colors BLUE, RUST and GOLD this
 week at Just Us Girls.  I used three shades of Stardream metallic cardstock (navy, bronze [as a rust substitute], and light gold). I die cut the navy twice and adhered the background to card bases with scortape. Then I die cut the coverplate again in bronze and gold using a dryer sheet behind the cardstock to keep all the pieces in place.  I inlaid the colors randomly on the two card bases.  The sentiment is gold embossed on vellum.  These sentiments are from a Honey Bee set which is one of my favorites because it is so versatile.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made an additional card for donation to Operation Gratitude, an organization supporting our Military and first responders letting them know that what they do matters. One of the handmade items they request is handmade cards for their care packages so recipients can write their loved ones.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for September, Nance Salkeld. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Soul Stampin' Designs

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesHoney Bee Fall for You
Altenew Striped Leaf Cover Die
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Stardream metallic cardstock
Vellum
Ink Versamark
Hero Arts gold embossing powder
Embellishments
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautifully done!

Nance said...

Gorgeous! Those metallic cardstocks worked beautifully together for a very dramatically beautiful card. I am very excited to be the Guest with all you gals at JUGS this month!

Carol said...

I love an inlaid design and yours is fab Elizabeth. I did not know about the dryer sheet technique...I use Press 'n Seal. I'll have to try it. Great use of our colors and what a cool cover plate!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the effect of all of that metallic cardstock! The inlaid leaves look fabulous against that beautiful blue background and love that gold embossed sentiment on the vellum, too.

Bobby said...

I can see the shine of the metallic paper on my screen, Elizabeth. The thing about inlaid dies is that you can get a second card and it is so thoughtful of you to continue to donate your extras.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card is so gorgeous, Elizabeth. Sounds like a lot of work that paid off beautifully. Love the dramatic effect and elegance of the metallic cardstock. Fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty way to show off these colors, Elizabeth! So perfect for gals or guys!

Lisa Elton said...

All of the extra work paid off, Elizabeth, those leaves are lovely! Terrific card!