Recognition

Sunday, August 18, 2024

The Paper Players PP703 - A CAS Challenge from Claire



Join us! It is CAS (Clean & Simple) week at The Paper Players.  Claire is challenging us to create CAS cards featuring FRUIT.   As a Design Team member, we often make our cards ahead of time.  I mistakenly thought this was theme week thus the cards and duplicates you see below.  When I realized my mistake, I came back and made a CAS card with the same set to feature for the week. 




The above card was my original "fruit" card.


Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made 4 additional cards for donation. These cards will be donated to the First Presbyterian Women, an organization supporting and sharing with the congregation, friends, and guests; building faith, changing lives, and sharing christ.

Check out our fabulous guest designers as well as the rest of the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPinkfresh Fruitalicious (washi and die cut)
Pinkfresh Rounded and Braided Rectangles
Papertrey Ink Penned Elegance
My Favorite Things Sweet as Pie
Pinkfresh Diagonal Stitched Plaid
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Amuse Studio Damask shimmer cardstock
Stardream dark pink metallic cardstock
Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
EmbellishmentsPinkfresh glitter dots
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Elizabeth, I can't begin to tell you how much I love your cards! The embossed background makes the cluster of fruits pop. The sentiment made me smile! I must admit, I am not a CAS girl, so the four cards for donation are AMAZING!!!!!! Love, Love, Love! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

Ann Schach said...

Elizabeth, your card is definitely "fruitalicious"! I love how the die cuts are arranged in an arc around the bold sentiment. CAS perfection! Have a wonderful week!

Stef Perry said...

The sentiment really caught my eye first thing, then all the lovely washi die-cuts surrounding the sentiment. It all looks so gorgeous and your 2nd take really kept true to CAS, Elizabeth, although I love your original version too!

Jan Clothier said...

A beautiful CAS card, Elizabeth. That patterned background is fantastic too - interesting without being overpowering. :-)

LeAnne said...

Both cards are amazing!! The colors you achieved for your fruits are so realistic! Love that checkerboard embossing on the first one...reminds me of a linen tablecloth! Some sweetie pie will love it!

Jaydee said...

Both cards are great, Elizabeth. I love the bold sentiment on the CAS version and all that lovely texture in the background.
hugs
jaydee
P.S. not the first time I've missed the CAS in a challenge and had to go back and correct it!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

I really like the CAS version. The Fruit is stunning against the simple background and the sentiment die-cut works nicely in the "arc". Lovely card, Elizabeth! Cheers, Jolanda