Recognition

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Just Us Girls #741 -- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL Week

Stephanie is hosting ANYTHING GOES STENCIL week at Just Us Girls.  This week, incorporate a stencil into your cards.  Saying that... this card is a bit odd.  The watermelon seeds are stenciled but I ended up not using the stencils in the set to create the rest of the card. I found using masking paper easier to distress the background.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made 3 additional cards for donation to Little Birthday Angels, a local agency who ensures every child, who might not otherwise, has a birthday celebration. 

Check out our fabulous guest designer for August, Bonnie Klass. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Stamping with Klass

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesWaffle Flower Oversized Fruit stencil
Concord & 9th Sweet and Cool
My Favorite Things Sweet Sentiments
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid green and pink cardstock
Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Distress Picked Raspberry,
Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Embellishments Posca white paint pen (for seed accents)
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

9 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so much fun, Elizabeth. Your masking job is very well done and I love the accents on your watermelon seeds. Your inking is perfect! I love this wonderful, summery card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome smooth ink blending on this fun summer card 😊

Carol said...

I fell in love with this watermelon as soon as I saw it. So bright and fun!

cm said...

Fun, fresh and fabulous; delightful slices of watermelon translated into charming cards.
hugs~carol

Bonnie said...

This is awesome stenciling, Elizabeth! The watermelon looks so juicy and inviting and I know the children will love these! Thanks so much for the warm welcome this month.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, I couldn't love this any more if I tried! Beautiful job with the inking!

Ina G said...

Your watermelon looks so inviting and those stencilled sparkly seeds are so realistic. Great job Elizabeth.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the stenciled/ink blended watermelon! Beautiful ink blending and those seeds look fantastic. I also love the die and stamped sentiment combo.

Bobby said...

The ombre' inking of the slice looks fantastic, Elizabeth, and the highlight on the seeds is a great touch.