Recognition

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Just Us Girls #725 -- COLOR Week

Bobby is hosting COLOR week at Just Us Girls.  This week, just use Peach, Lavender and Gray on your cards. I listed the inks used below.  The stencil from Altenew is fabulous.  The set is comprised of three stencils. Each stencil can be used up to four times, rotating the stencil 90 degrees with each use until you feel the flowers are dense enough.  The beauty is that the stencil does not need to be lined up with anything! So easy and so fun. To add a little something something, I die cut the edge of the stenciled panel with a stitching edge. To finish, I added a layered sentiment mounted on vellum.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made three additional cards.  These cards will be donated to Friends After Diagnosis, an organization supporting cancer patients.  In addition to their many patient programs, therapy and service, staff members often send messages of support to local patients.


Check out our fabulous guest designer for May, Jenny Martin. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at My Paper Epiphany!  Isn't that the greatest name for a cardmaking blog? I know I feel like my whole career in cardmaking has been an epiphany.  Love it!

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesAltenew Meadow stencil
Poppystamps Tailored Stitches (border)
Simon Says Stamp You Are on My Heart
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Stardream purple metallic cardstock
Vellum
InkPeaches
-Simon Says Stamp Melon 
-Hero Arts Soft Apricot
-Hero Arts Fresh Peach
Purples
-Hero Arts Soft Lilac
-Simon Says Stamp Hydrangea
Simon Says Stamp Slate (grey)
Embellishments Taylored Expressions glitter dots
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous stamped background awesome use of the colors

Carol said...

Love the shades you chose of our designated colors!!! Very pretty card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love this card, Elizabeth, and am happy to hear how you made it and about this Altenew stencil about which I knew nothing. I love you design in the challenge colors, and also the colors you chose for your additional cards. The sentiment is wonderful and on my wish list. I definitely feel some shopping coming on.

Celeste Goff said...

These backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous!

Bobby said...

I was not aware of that stencil set, Elizabeth, but I love how it gives an artsy, full-flowered look to your card. It's beautiful in the challenge colors.

My Paper Epiphany said...

A beautiful set of Floral cards! I love the layering and the bold sentiment! Thanks for having me as GD:)

cm said...

Well, isn't that a cool set of stencils; a fabulous way to create pretty floral backgrounds. The bold sentiment is a perfect pairing. Love them all, but especially the one featuring the challenge colours.
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background looks amazing in this week's colors! Love the lavender die cut sentiment layered on the vellum, too.