Recognition

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Just Us Girls #711 -- Anything Goes STENCIL Week

 

Lovely Ina is hosting our first ANYTHING GOES USING A STENCIL week at Just Us Girls.  This week, just use a stencil somewhere in the creation of your card.  At this moment in crafting time, I am addicted to layering stencils. They are literally the quickest and easiest way I have found to create a beautiful custom card.  

The stencil I used today is relatively new from Simon Says Stamp...and has 4 layers. I jazzed it up a bit by using the 4th layer twice (flower centers) by applying a layer of Lawn Fawn's Fairy Dust (sparkly paste) on the second pass.  As final touches I used an embossing die to decorate the edges, and added a vellum backed, layered sentiment.  This sentiment does not come with an outline die so I just fussy cut the vellum.

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made two additional backgrounds (no sentiment) for future use.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for January, Stef Perry. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Perry Papercrafts

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSimon Says stamp Retro Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Sending Smiles
Pinkfresh Blanket Stitched Rectangles
Cardstock110lb. Neenah Solar Crest Solar White
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest (Natural White Smooth)
Bazzill solid brown cardstock
Vellum
InkHero Arts Pale Tomato
Hero Arts Butter Bar
Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate
Simon Says Stamp Fern
EmbellishmentsLawn Fawn Fairy Dust
Desk StaplesDahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Layering stencils make for a fabulous card! This is just awesome 👍

cm said...

Your card is cheery, fresh and fun! What a great stencil! I'm off to Simon Says to check it out...
~carol

Lisa Elton said...

These are bright and cheerful, Elizabeth! Cute too!

Bobby said...

I love the whimsical nature of your stenciled flower garden, Elizabeth, and I'm sure the fairy dust only adds to that.

Ina G said...

Fabulous stencilling Elizabeth and oh so colourful. Nice touch of bling and bold sentiment.

Greta said...

Very unique and modern looking! Love your bright colors!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so bright and cheerful! I love your beautiful stenciling and colors paired with the vellum backed sentiment. I still can't believe that I have resisted purchasing any layering stencils so far.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love your card, Elizabeth. The detail og the edges, vellum and sparkle really make it extra special. I love it. And I love your "make 3" resolution. Great idea!

Stef Perry said...

I have resisted this stencil but you've really shown how to make it beautiful with your card, Elizabeth! Love the added sparkle and the die cut rectangle edge - both delightful details!