Recognition

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Just Us Girls #709 -- WORD Week

 

Sensational Sue is hosting WORD week at Just Us Girls.  This week, our cards need to incorporate the word or an element of SPARKLE.  I chose very glittery silver paper.  I wish I could tell where to get this "sparkle" paper but I happened on it myself.  I was at Christmas luncheon and this material was the place mats.  A simple piece of 12"x18" sparkle paper.  No thickness whatsoever, it cut beautifully when I resized the mat into A2 panels.  The paper sparkles but there is no loose glitter.  I would love to know where to get more!  Once I find out from the organizers of the event, I will post the answer. 

I embossed the silver panel with my favorite blanket stitch, added snowflakes die cut from glossy white cardstock, a sentiment die cut from silver Mirracard, and a few silver embellishments.  A simple, sparkly card!

Sticking with my New Year's resolution, I made three additional cards from materials already die cut.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for January, Stef Perry. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Perry Papercrafts

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
for featured card
Stamps/DiesPinkfresh Blanket Stitched Rectangles
Savvy Stamps Warm Wishes
Essentials by Ellen Snowflakes
Simon Says Stamp Rylynn Snowflake
Simon Says Stamp Alexis Snowflake
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Glossy white cardstock
Silver Mirracard cardstock
"Silver placemat"
Ink
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards
metallic dots and stars
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I bet this is really sparkly IRL. It’s very pretty in a photo 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this card, Elizabeth! That silver paper looks gorgeous. I can only imagine what it looks like IRL. The blanket stitch edges go perfectly with your warm sentiment, and I love that you placed a couple of your flakes off the edge!

Carol said...

I noticed the smooth sparkly card base first and how pretty it is...then I saw that blanket stitch and liked it even better! What a fun find! Great snowflake dies too!

cm said...

Swooning all over your sensational sparkly snowflake cards! Gorgeous!
~carol

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you added a die cut edge to the sparkly paper! This is a lovely card, Elizabeth!

Stef Perry said...

Brilliant way to upcycle and that sparkle is magnificent! Love this!

Bobby said...

How resourceful of you, Elizabeth. No sense letting a placemat go to waste when it can make a beautiful, sparkly card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your pretty white snowflakes against that silver sparkly background! Gorgeous and what a great find as your placemat.

Ina G said...

Fantabulous sparkly card Elizabeth. Of course it is so much more beautiful irl.