Recognition

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Just Us Girls #693 -- MOODBOARD Week


Blissful Bobby
 is hosting MOODBOARD week at Just Us Girls.  This week, we need to incorporate elements from the photo below.  I decided to work with the blue striped cloth and the knobby starfish. The background was stamp, and the starfish stenciled.  After stenciling, I added a layer of transparent glaze to give texture like a starfish.

The above card was not my first attempt.  Initially I used an all over starfish stencil on top of the stamped background.  The sentiment was heat embossed in black.  I questioned how well the black sentiment showed up on the background.  Perhaps I could have heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and added as a band... not sure.

Greta Hess is our fabulous guest designer for August. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work at GG Creations

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Project Details
Stamps/DiesImpression Obsession Cover-a-Card Thick Stripes
The Crafters Workshop Sea Creatures stencil
Simon Says Stamp Sending Smiles
Echo Park Starfish stencil (2nd card)
Honey Bee Sea Breeze (2nd card)
Cardstock   110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Desert Storm
 InkVersafine Onyx 
Hero Arts clear embossing powder
Simon Says teal
Distress Ink Gathered Twigs
Lawn Fawn Fairy Dust (glaze)
Hero Arts soft pool (2nd card)
EmbellishmentsPinkfresh glitter dots
Little Things by Lucy's Cards gems (2nd card)
OtherDahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Elizabeth that starfish [and all its little cousins on card two] are fantastic!!
=]

Carol said...

Just adore both cards Elizabeth! And so easy to see where your inspiration came from! I need more gold in my life and you have enabled me to seek more products! LOL!

Bobby said...

I do like your second card with the giant starfish, Elizabeth. I bet the glaze on the starfish looks fantastic IRL.

Nancy said...

Love the first card but I think you were right as the sentiment got lost. Your large starfish is super cool!

Lisa Elton said...

What a marvelous starfish and I like the baby ones too! Pretty cards, Elizabeth!

Julia Aston said...

Both cards are pretty - love the colors and particularly that giant starfish stenciling!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great embossed starfish - this turned out awesome

Lisa Kind said...

What a great stencil! I love how you created the starfish with it. I love your second (first?) card too. Maybe a die cut sentiment would show up nicely on that cool background you created.

cm said...

Apologies for commenting late; the week got away from me. Your large starfish and stripes pairing is a spot-on take of the moodboard. So pretty. I like your all-over starfish version as well. It's fun!
~carol

Greta said...

Really love how you used elements from the board! The starfish stencil is also such fun!