Recognition

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Tic Tac Toe Challenge – TTTC208 – Featured Designer Felicita

 


A.B.

This week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, Felicita is your featured designer.  Today I focused on the middle row: Car or Truck, Free, and Masculine Sentiment.  I made a birthday card for a cousin turning 89!  He is incredibly sweet and loves his birthday.  I can picture him driving his pickup with the dogs in the back... and I smile.  I have used this Honey Bee set many times but only purchased the accompanying stencils in end-of-the-year sales.  I am not often critical of a purchase but there is no point in the added stencils.  I wanted a bit of ease in coloring the big body of the truck... but there is no stencil for the body of the truck! Crazy. So the pickup is Copic-colored with white touches from a Posca paint pen, and glossy accents on all the glass elements.

I wanted to share a new way to add a hinge.  New to me anyway.  I usually score the back panel of a shaped card to create a hinge.  But scoring can be bulky and the card often doesn't lie flat.  On this card, which opens beautifully, the hinge is separate from the card.  I always back the front and back pieces of a shaped card.  Before backing, I cut a small slit in each of the backing panels (A).  (I used a small die cut piece from My Favorite Things Blueprints 16.)  I cut a small rectangle of cardstock and scored in the middle.  I slipped each end of the rectangle into the slits lining up the backing panels. Make sure the folded, scored edge could not be seen from the outside edges of the backing panels (B).  Then I just taped the inserted edges of the rectangle to the backing pieces, and glued the backing pieces to the front and back panels.  It was so easy and so effective. Not sure how this came to me but it works!

Be sure to drop by and see the inspiration cards made by all the design team members and leave them some love!

Enjoy.  I can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesHoney Bee Big Pickup stamp, die and stencil
Paper Rose Happy Birthday
Poppystamps Labrador and Patient Pup
My Favorite Things Blueprints 16
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid black and red cardstock
Vellum
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
EmbellishmentsPosca white paint pen
Glossy Accents
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a great shaped card Elizabeth - some fun details and the hinge is very clever. I'm sure your cousin will love it!