Recognition

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Just Us Girls #679 -- WORD Week

Lovely Lisa is hosting WORD week at Just Us Girls.  Lisa would like us to incorporate the word WEDDING into our card creations this week.  I made a funny wedding card.  Let me explain. I am retired as are most of my friends.  At my age, it seems the justice of the peace for a wedding is the way to go.  A dear friend "ran off" one afternoon and did the deed.

Claire Apostoloff is our fabulous guest designer for May. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work at Life on the Scrap Heap

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Project Details
Stamps/DiesStampingbella Forever My Always
Hero Arts Truly Madly Deeply
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Misc. scraps
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards pearls
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a cute couple! Reminds me of my m-i-l - she got married at 83!

Carol said...

What a fun take on the challenge Elizabeth!!! Love how you cut them on a band in the center of your layout!!!Such a cute card and it could serve for many occasions!

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Elton said...

How cute are they! This is a fun card, Elizabeth!

Ina G said...

Super fun card Elizabeth.

Bobby said...

So fun, Elizabeth, and very creative.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the fun expressions on this pair - this is how weddings should be, fun and without stress!

Nancy said...

Cute card and love the avenue you took!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Such a fun wedding card! I love that giddy old couple running off to get married and that senitment is the perfect subtitle for them.

cm said...

Those two love birds running off to get married makes me smile - as does your story of your friend who did the same thing. Just goes to show Cupid's arrow can strike at any time!
~carol

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, how fun for your friend! This is so cute! That adorable couple look so happy. Perfect wedding card. I hope you were able to give this to them, or at least know they were the inspiration!

Claire said...

Oh what a fab image! I hope they run off and have a few glasses of wine to celebrate. Just how I picture myself in retirement!