Recognition

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Christmas Card Throwdown March Technique Challenge


This week,
 Christmas Card Throwdown is challenging us to create MIXED MEDIA cards.  I have to admit I struggle with mixed media, this is not my medium.  But like everyone participating, I love a challenge. I do like the final card.  Here are my steps, allowing each layer to dry before moving to the next layer:

  • Used a lime green shimmer spray on watercolor cardstock as the base
  • Stamped Christmas text in a pigment black ink
  • Heat embossed Christmas trees in white
  • Stenciled poinsettias with red embossing butter
  • Added a layered and vellum-backed sentiment, and pearls for dimension

Be sure to drop by and see the inspiration cards made by all the design team members and leave them some love!

Enjoy.  I can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesTim Holtz Tiny Poinsettia stencil
My Favorite Things Trees background
My Favorite Things Christmas type background
Simon Says Stamp Merry & Bright
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Strathmore watercolor paper
Vellum
Mirracard gold cardstock
 Ink Heidi Swapp metallic sprays
Versafine Onyx black pigment ink
Crafters Workshop red embossing butter
Versamark
Hero Arts white embossing powder
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards red pearls
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

8 comments:

Rosmarie said...

I really like the fresh and modern look of your mixed media card Elizabeth.

Fabiola said...

quelle jolie création Elizabeth, biz

Erikine spominčice said...

Very nice card. I love all these layers. Greetings, Erika

Kathy said...

Eliz, I love the vibrancy of your card and the elements you used and your design allows it all to show up beautifully! Thanks for being such an encourager! Smiles, Kathy

Gail said...

I like how bright your card is!
I too struggle with mixed media.
I did make a big mess to join the challenge...we'll see if I can salvage something!

Majda said...

What a sweet idea and beautiful design Elizabeth! And these colors, I love them so much!
Thanks for the inspiration, Majda

Valentina B said...

Elizabeth, this is very nice mixed media. You did a great job! This also is not my technique I am a simple card maker but it's a challenge I like what I did, something different. Thank you for your all lovely comments that you leave at my blog. :)

Greta said...

Oh how beautifully artistic! Love the stenciled poinsettias!