Recognition

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Seize The Birthday #253 -- Winged Things



This is my first time to be a guest designer at Seize the Birthday and I am thrilled! Birthday cards are a close second to Christmas cards in my stash... I make a lot each year and STB is fantastic in providing me the prompts I need to get started.  The "toppings" this week at STB are WINGED THINGS.  I made a birthday card for a close friend turning 80.  The images have been gold embossed on vellum then Copic colored. The card base is pink Stardream cardstock... I love Stardream for its glitter.  The gold sentiment is subtle against the pink background.

Enjoy.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPinkfresh Songbirds on Branches
My Favorite Things Birthday Wishes
My Favorite Things Stitched Scalloped Rectangles
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Vellum
Stardream pink and gold cardstock
 Ink Versamark
Hero Arts gold embossing powder
Copic markers
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards gems
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Welcome to guesting! You’re starting out with a very pretty card love those birds

Nancy said...

First off, we are happy to have you with us this month! What I love about this card is you colored it on peach cardstock and I love how it turned out. I need to rethink always reaching for white. Awesome job and I am certain your friend will appreciate it.

Linda said...

So happy to have you as our guest on STB. This is so striking. Love the color and the fact that you colored it on vellum. So beautiful.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is gorgeous, Elizabeth. I love your gold embossed images on vellum. They look so beautiful on the pink cardstock with the scalloped frame and the wispy sentiment. I have never heard of Stardream, and now of course, I want it after reading your comment about the glitter. I have learned so much from you! Happy to be Surprise Guests together at STB!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations on being the surprise guest at Seize the Birthday Elizabeth! I just love that Songbirds set and you have shown it off so beautifully with your pink and gold colour scheme with a shot of green. Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

A little birdy told me you were guest designing over at Seize the Birthday, Elizabeth! I ADORE these birds on a branch!
I've had such fun catching up with all of the news and your beautiful cards for each of your new design teams! Congratulations, my sweet friend! You are an excellent addition to any team! xx
=]

JulieP said...

I'm sure your friend will adore this card! It's beautiful and I love how you used the colored cardstock rather than white. Thanks for joining us here at STB!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, love the peach and gold together and thankyou for being our guest at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Barbara said...

Congratulations as a guest designer! I love the delicate almost stained glass looking card that you make for this challenge.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Elizabeth! I like how you stamped and coloured the images onto vellum before adhering them to that lovely card. Great to have you guesting at STB!

Colleen said...

Elizabeth, first thank you for being our guest...you earned that right with your magnificent card And now you have another one that is worthy of a win as well! I love that you colored on vellum and did it so beautifully!

Ashwini Rao said...

Thank you for being our Guest, Elizabeth! This card is really awesome - I didn't think there was vellum involved! Love the look of those pretty birds on that pretty pink card stock. Simply marvelous!

Glenda J said...

Really happy to have you join us. Such a pretty card - great birds and fabulous sentiment.