Thursday, November 24, 2022

Christmas Craft Challenge November Challenge



Carol McFarland, one of my favorite cardmaking buddies, introduced me to Christmas Craft Challenge.  Given the number of Christmas cards I make every year, I can always use another Christmas challenge. This month, the team is making cards with washi!  I never really thought about making a whole card from washi but I gave it a try.  I started with the gold card.  Given I added a red shadow to the tree, I then used the negative space tree outline to make the red tree shaker. I should mention the the reindeer garland is made from washi as well.  I laid HAI gold foil washi on white cardstock and die cut.

Enjoy.

Project Details (for both cards)
Stamps/DiesConcord & 9th Trim the Tree die
Simon Says Stamp Deer in a Row border die
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid red cardstock
Acetate
 Ink
Embellishments Pink Fresh gold dots
Taylored Expressions Reverse Christmas Sentiments
Washi from Memory Box (4.25" holly), HAI (gold foil), Doodlebug, misc. other
Pretty Pink Posh sequins
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

3 comments:

Tammy said...

GREAT cards!! Love them both! Thanks so much for joining us at CCC!!!

Carol said...

I love both of your card Elizabeth! The way you used washi tape for the main feature is fabulous! Love that shaker too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Christmas Craft Creations!

laurie said...

Wow! I love these...such a fun idea. Thanks for joining us at CCC!