Recognition

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Just Us Girls #651 -- PHOTO Week

Nancy is hosting PHOTO week at Just Us Girls.  Nancy would like us to draw inspiration from the PHOTO to the left and incorporate our thoughts into our card designs.    I used a very fine leaf stencil for the background.  Using Pixie spray to adhere to the cardstock, I sprayed various fall colors over the stencil.  You can see where the stencil did not fully adhere... a reminder for future cards.  The small leaf embellishments are actually nail decorations.  The left hand edge of the card is lined in copper.  I am not sure why I have an entire roll of copper...maybe for illumination?  Just not sure but I am trying to use up my stash to clean things out!

Julie Beech is our guest designer and so very talented! Please welcome Julie; check out her fabulous work!  

Please check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the galley. 

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPretty Pink Posh Leaves Stencil
Close to the Heart Autumn sentiment
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
 Ink Memento Rich Cocoa
Hero Arts clear embossing powder
Heidi Swapp and Distress sprays
Embellishments Leaves
Copper "ribbon"
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Scortape

8 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the soft, muted effect the spray has with the stencil and that big, bold sentiment. So happy to have been your GD this month. :)

Nancy said...

I love the sentiment and the stenciled background. I think those tiny leaves are cute too. Awesome job with the photo, Elizabeth!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome large sentiment! Great inspired card

Carol said...

Gorgeous background, fabulous sentiment!!!! Love your card!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty stenciled background! It reminds me of some paper I had many moons ago! Fabulous card, Elizabeth!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how your stenciled background turned out with so much variation and that big sentiment is perfect on this without distracting from your beautiful background. Love the strip of copper, too.

Bobby said...

With a large sentiment like that, which is wonderful btw, a soft stenciled background adds great color without being distracting. Lovely card, Elizabeth.

Ina G said...

I'm loving that colourful background Elizabeth and how awesome is that big bold perfect sentiment. Just WOW!