Recognition

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Double Trouble Challenge #114 "YouNique Technique"


This week at Double Trouble, Trouble Maker is asking us to create a card that features an unique background.  I SO LOVE THIS CHALLENGE.  We can use any technique we love...dry embossing, inked, stenciled... whatever.  I combined two of my favorite techniques: distressing and embossing. Do you have Distress colors that you use less frequently than other colors?  I do.  I decided to distress Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn and Bundled Sage on my background and then dry emboss with a gorgeous embossing folder.  This is a sympathy card for a dear friend.... I prefer Thinking of You over With Sympathy for friends because I can customize the inside.

Enjoy!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSimon Says Stamp Thinking of You
Simon Says Stamp Splendid Leaves Circle Frame
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
My Favorite Things gold matte cardstock
 InkDistress inks: Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn and Bundled Sage
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards pearls
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

2 comments:

Inkami said...

These greens are so lovely paired with the gold sentiment, fab blending and embossing on your background.

Donna Scholz said...

Elizabeth, you've created a beautiful sympathy card. I love all the shades of green distress ink you've used, and the embossing makes for such a lovely background! Thank you for sharing your car and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "YouNique Background" challenge! Love your Solstice quote, too! -Donna