Recognition

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Just Us Girls #627 -- TREND Week



The intriguing Ina is hosting TREND week at Just Us Girls.  Ina would like us to incorporate foil on an alcohol ink card!  I always learn so much when Ina hosts.  Try it and be inspired.

What did I learn?  Not everyone can excel at alcohol inks and foiling.  I have tried alcohol inks before, but had never foiled.  I was foiled!  I tried Decco transfer gel. I tried Scortape. I resorted to foiled cardstock and packaged alcohol ink panels.  I am hoping to see and read about your successes in the gallery.  I have so much to learn!

Please check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.  Also Mac Mable is our guest this month...give her some love!

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the galley. 

Project Details
Stamps/DiesWalter & Winnie Hello Cutaway
Mama Elephant Hello Friend
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Taylored Expressions Alcohol Ink Prints
My Favorite Things gold foil cardstock
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
Scortape


11 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That alcohol ink panel has such a dreamy look to it and I love your gold die cut and sentiment strip. Beautiful card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is fabulous, and the way you accomplished your creation for this challenge is BRILLIANT. You are/were not foiled at all. Just a smarty pants, that is what you are. Your card is fabulous.

Mac Mable said...

The alcohol ink print look fabulous and love the scale of the foiled die cut sentiment on your wonderful card x.

cm said...

Sounds like you and I both reached for similar products in the making of our cards. My efforts at alcohol inks and foiling foiled me as well. That said: your pairing of the inked paper and gold sentiment make for a gorgeous card!
~carol

Carol said...

Stunning card and thank you for your "secret" to how it was made!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Talk about the perfect paper! Goes beautifully with the gold hello

Nancy said...

My favorite panel and card! Absolutely stunning no matter how it was made.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks beautiful to me!

Ina G said...

I am loving your beautiful paper - see you don't need to do your own AInking when you have that gorgeous paper Elizabeth. Love your big bold gold sentiment and the added bottom one to finish it. You nailed this challenge using alternate ways to showcase what can be done and turns out so perfectly.

baileyrosy.com said...

Love the dynamic sentiment against the alcohol ink its stunning. Alcohol ink is always a work in progress for me I have so pieces of acetate that I have used ink on and get the best results using it.Every piece is individual as is your gorgeous card.

Marier

Bobby said...

I'd love to be able to make an alcohol ink panel like your cardstock, Elizabeth. I like that you showed how to use what you have to follow a prompt. It lets others know they can do the same and make a card as beautiful as yours.