Recognition

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Just Us Girls #619 -- TREND Week


The sensational Sue is hosting TREND week at Just Us Girls.  Sue is requesting that we use a stencil made from a die on our cards.  This was easier said than done for me.  I will talk about my second attempt pictured above.  I stamped the three bunnies on an A2 card base and Copic colored.  I stamped the bunnies again and fussy cut masks for each.  I selected a circle die which would fit all three bunnies.  Using vellum, I traced the circle over each of the bunnies and die cut the stencil.  Using pixie spray, I adhered the stencil to the card base and distressed my rainbow circles.  I think if I owned blending brushes rather than the foam blending tools, the rainbow look would be cleaner.  Once the stencil and masks were removed, I stamped the sentiment, added the balloon and champagne bottle, and sequins to finish.

On the left is my first attempt using the Mondo Magnolia stamp and dies from Essentials by Ellen.  Lesson learned.  Distress inks really do react to water.  My iced tea glass was dripping condensation, and as you can see in the bottom right, the ink bled.  Things do happen in cardmaking!

Please check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your stencil creations in the galley.

Project Details
Stamps/Dies Mama Elephant Party Animals
Neat & Tangled Happiest Birthday
Hero Arts Infinity Circle dies
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
#40 vellum (for stencil)
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Distress ink (Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet)
Embellishments Simon Says Stamp Masking Paper (for bunnies)
Little Things by Lucy sequins
Smooches gold accent paint (stars)
Posca white paint pen
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Bearly Art Precision Glue

10 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Your rainbow bunny card is amazing! The colors are so bright and fun! And your “iced tea” card is lovely too. Love the muted tones.

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright, happy and full of fun! So cute, Elizabeth!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those rainbow circles with the bunnies! Such a fun card with the bright colors and fun design. Your Mondo Magnolia is very pretty, and I think the iced tea condensation just added a little interest. Two great creations making your own stencils.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a fabulous card Elizabeth! I love your gorgeously intense background circles and the bunnies are adorable! Your floral card is inspirational too - boo to the iced tea condensation! Vicky x

Nancy said...

Fun birthday card, Eliz! I love the boldness of your circles on your first card, and your sweet bunnies...party animals. LOL As for your second card...that had to stink when it happened. The card still looks great, though! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Bobby said...

Your ink blending looks fine to me, Elizabeth. What a fun, colorful birthday card. I think you can fix the magnolia card with a little ink and no one will know.

Ina G said...

Super fun fabulous creative colourful bunnies Elizabeth. Love it. I really like the colour blending on your second one. Like Bobby said add a little ink and all will be fixed. Only an itty bitty mishap.

cm said...

Absolutely dazzled by your bunnies card! Your magnolia card is lovely and, as the others have mentioned, a little bit of ink will make everything seamless! Truly inspiring creations, both!
~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your bright backgrounds on your fun characters as usual awesome card

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super fun and adorable card, Elizabeth! Those critters are so cute and I love the bright rainbow color circles.