Recognition

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Color Throwdown Countdown #679


This week at Color Throwdown, we are working with the COLORS blue, green and gold. Taking a cue from the design team, I decided to work with alcohol inks for this color combination. I have to be honest I rarely use alcohol inks.  This is only my second challenge card using them... what a mess.  I clearly need more practice. I don't have a good sense of how much ink to use (some of my trials were very dense), the best way to use blender solution, and how panels will look when they dry.  Try, try again as they say!

I also learned that embossing on yupo paper is not easy.  Your heat gun needs to be hot before you begin and you need to move quickly.  The heated yupo paper would almost remind you of shrinky dink paper (do you remember shrinky dink?).  Scortape was my friend on this card.  The strong adhesive took the warp out of the paper.  The sentiment is a simple die cut.

Enjoy!

Project Details
Stamps/Dies My Favorite Things Birthday Wishes
Altenew Sketchy Floral
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Yupo paper
Gold Stardream
 InkVersamark
Hero Arts gold embossing powder
Ranger alcohol inks: green, blue, gold fixative
Embellishments
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Bearly Art Precision Glue
4" Scortape

3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

I have never tried embossing on yupo... thanks for the tip. Lovely background and lovely card!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Mac Mable said...

Popping in to say what a striking and wonderful card. The alcohol inks look amazing and well done you heat embossing on Yuppo....I have never managed it and yes I know exactly what you mean about shrinky dink!

mary noble said...

A beautiful project and colors! I've not used yupo paper or alcohol inks yet so was glad to hear your tips - thanks!