Recognition

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Flower Challenge #64 Monochrome


This month at the The Flower Challenge, we are creating MONOCHROME cards.  In other words, I can make a black and white card and it would be acceptable.  So many months I am intimidated by the entries and fail to enter because my coloring or watercoloring skills are not up to snuff relative to so many of the amazing entries.  However, I can do black and white!  I used only one set, Simon Says Stamp Summer Garden.  I began by making 3 masks for each of the images I used.  I then randomly stamped and masked an A2 panel in Momento Black Tuxedo filling in around the larger flowers with smaller images.  I wanted to make the panel dense.  The white embossed sentiment is from the same set, stamped on black and mounted.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth, please don't be put off entering our challenges, your cards all look fabulous and I am sure whatever you make would be great. If you are worried about colouring why not just use dies and coloured card for your flowers. Anyway thanks again for entering your card over at 'The Flower Challenge'. It hasn't linked properly (no pic) but I will add it again for you ;) Viv DT xx

ElizStewart said...

Viv... thanks for the support. One of my 2022 goals is to work on my "flowers"... you will be seeing me every month! Flowers are so versatile and yet I rarely use them in cards... that is changing this year!

Viv said...

...so happy you will be sharing your flowery cards with us often Elizabeth ;) Viv x

Cara said...

I love the graphic look of this card, just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x