Recognition

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Card Concept #166 {Fresh New Year} & TIME OUT Challenge #204 - New



In designing this card, I have combined two challenges.  First, The Card Concept where we are working this week with a photo featuring a large pink flower on a striped table, and second, TIME OUT where we are using NEW goodies to create cards.  I am using the black, pink and gold color scheme suggested by The Card Concept to create a layered thanks card.  The layered pink flowers were created with a Sizzix set; one of SIX! Sizzix sets I received for Christmas.  Being new to Sizzix, I am amazed at the intricacy and ease of using their layered dies.  I love the look! There may be a hope for me and flowers yet.  On a dark pink Stardream cardbase, I laid 3 black 1/4" strips, then on top I arranged the flowers and leaves.  The sentiment is die cut from gold Mirracard, and is from Savvy Stamps.  The final touch was several amber gemstones.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Joyce said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love your colors, layers and the touch of gold. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Julie Gearinger said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the florals combined with the black and gold, perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my, I absolutely love what you did with those dies. The colors are perfect, and I'm so happy you played along in The Card Concept challenge this week!!

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful flowers and I love the arrangement with the black stripes and golden sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

LeAnne said...

This is just stunning!!! A gorgeous way to interpret that Card concept photo!