Recognition

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Just Us Girls #614 -- TREND Week



I love this week's TREND at Just Us Girls.  Inked backgrounds my go-to for easy, quick cards. I think the look is fabulous.  Vicki is hosting this challenge for the team.  On the one-layer card above, I stamped and Copic colored critters from Hello Bluebird North Star, then masked.  In addition to the critters, about an inch of the card bottom was masked.  I distressed/inked the background in Pine Needles, Bundled Sage and Chipped Sapphire.  Once dry, the major and minor sentiments from the same set were white embossed.  

This simple birthday card took less than 10 mins to make.  If you like this look in a one-layer card, give it a try.  The blended inked background is distressed in Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Cracked Pistachio on the card base. Then, in Salty Ocean,  the inked background is stenciled with Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars stencil.  The simple die cut sentiment is from My Favorite Things. Done. Easy peasy.

I am equally as fond of sprayed backgrounds having made two cards in the last week with a sprayed background for Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge and Perfectly CAS.  I especially like Tim Holtz' distress sprays and Heidi Swapp's Color Shine metallic sprays. 

Remember we are welcoming two guest designers for the month of January.  Stef Perry, Perry Papercrafts and Chrissie Stokes, Simply One-of-a-KindPlease be sure to stop by and check out their posts.

Also visit our new JUGS  designers: Carol McFarland, Saw it. Had to make it. and Lisa Elton, My Paper Tales.  Please drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your creations in the gallery.

12 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your ink blending is pure perfection! I love how you stamped and masked the little critters and added the white sentiments on the first one and that second quick card looks great with those stars and blended background.

Nancy said...

Such a sweet scene, Elizabeth! You are one of the most versatile stampers I know! You can do anything...well!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this precious card! Beautiful work!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I'm with Nancy - your versatility is amazing!! Once again, a beautiful card.

Carol said...

Talk about perfect ink blending...and the colors of the sky against the animals...spot on!! Love your sweet card!

Stef Perry said...

Your card is the sweetest Elizabeth! Love those darling critters catching the perfectly aligned stars in that amazing sky. Fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a SWEET card!!

Bobby said...

I love the colors you used for the sky, Elizabeth, and your masking is perfect. I usually have white edges somewhere. Grr. That is such a sweet card with those darling critters. The second card is a great one when you need a card last minute.

cm said...

Such a pretty background for your sweet critters! Sooo sweet!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Those critters are so adorable Elizabeth. Your background blending is aaaaaaaaamazing. Super sentiment.

Lisa Kind said...

You created two very lovely cards for this challenge. I love the one layer stenciled card, but I love the first one! Those cute critters look like they are looking at fireworks. Too cute! And I love the colors you chose to ink the background with.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is nothing but perfect! Beautiful and adorable at the same. The ink blending is absolutely amazing and those little guys are so cute. Great coloring too!