Recognition

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Christmas Card Throwdown January Colors Challenge


When I first saw this week's challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown, I was stumped.  I just don't make Christmas cards in all browns.  But I thought and thought, and decided a winter woods scene with bits of white would work.  I am actually pleased with the card.  The card base is a medium solid brown on top of which is a kraft layer of trees.  The card was then splattered with white paint/snow. A grounding layer of white cardstock, with the stamped sentiment, finishes the card base.  Two moose were die cut from wood grain paper, layered 3x, and adhered.  The final touch was several wood veneer stars from my stash.

Enjoy!

Project Details
Stamps/Dies Poppystamps Magnificent Moose
Memory Box Alpine Trees
Mama Elephant Merry Mini Messages
My Favorite Things Snowdrift borders
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Stampin Up Woodgrain DSP
Kraft
Misc. brown
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments Wood veneer stars
Other Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive

4 comments:

Lucinda said...

Well done for a beautiful, calm card. I'm glad we've pushed you to try something different, it pad off! The snow absolutely makes the card, and I love the wood effect on the moose. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

Lucinda said...

Sorry, should say "it paid off" - all thumbs this morning.

Fabiola said...

Très belle scène, j’aime beaucoup les orignaux, , merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you use brown colours.
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT. I hope we see you next week, too.