Recognition

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Inspired By IB199 Warm Winter


I was so excited to see this week's challenge at Inspired by... this week! No greenery and no berries!  I decided to focus on the bird.  I am not sure what kind of bird is in the photo inspiration; I decided I wanted a Christmas cardinal.  I am not sure why as cardmakers we don't make more Christmas cards with cardinals.  To begin, the pale gray cardbase is embossed with Alexandra Renke's Snowfall folder. The Memory Box Winterberry Sprig/branch is die cut in dark gray and the berries are colored in gold Smooches Accents.  (I have no idea what I am going to do when I have no gold paint left... this product is no longer made.  Such a bummer.) The diecut sentiment is from Savvy Stamps. The "cardinals" are from My Favorite Things.  The beaks are painted in gold and the black encircling the beeks was added with a black Sharpie (more cardinal-like!).  The birds are foam mounted.  The final touch was a bit of gold cord from May Arts.

Happy Holidays.



6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Your cardinal card is absolutely beautiful! The embossing looks fab too!
Thank you so much for sharing your card with us!

Lisa Elton said...

The cardinals are lovely, but I can't take my eyes off that fabulous embossed background! Marvelous card, Elizabeth. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at IB!

I Card Everyone said...

Elizabeth you really have made your Cardinals more Cardinal-like with your special touches!
Our little Chickadee welcomes your beautiful pair of Christmas-y birds with open wings!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

Sorry - I stand corrected by our source - he/she is a White Breasted Nut Hatch!

LeAnne said...

These little cardinals are the SWEETEST ever! I know that Michele is swooning over that gray background too! I love ALL of your card!

Rachel Jolley said...

What an absolutely beautiful card, love it! 🤩🏆🎄