Recognition

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Retro Rubber Challenge #172


I am thrilled to be invited as a guest designer this week at Retro Rubber!  I love this challenge because I am forced to give some love to older stamps and dies.  Sometimes I am amazed at what is in my stash.  I store my stamps and dies in the plastic storage pockets like many cardmakers.  On the front of every storage pocket, I affix a white 2" circle label.  Every time I use the stamp or die, I add a hash mark to the label.  Once I reach 25, I stop adding hash marks and put a + sign.  I figure I have met my ROI (return on investment) on the set.  When I "clean up" at the end of the year, I usually stamp a big heart on the label so I know it is one of my favorites!  Enough about about my stash... on to this week's card.

We are working with a sketch by Claire.  Three bands running horizontally across the top half of a center panel with two images; one in the the top right, one in the bottom left over the panels.  The sentiment  is centered on the bottom of the card.  As of November 1, I am only making Christmas cards till we get through the holiday.  I created my three bands of music by gold embossing My Favorite Things Sheet Music background (2016) on vellum, and trimming off three bands.  Each band was centered and wrapped around a central panel.  The panel, slightly smaller than the A2 card base, is cut from Amuse Artstamps cardstock (probably 20 years old!). My singing angels are from Stampingbella Angel Squidgies (2017).  Both angels are stamped, Copic-colored, fussy cut, and mounted with foam tape.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Cheerful Christmas Greetings (around 2015), stamped in Versamark.

Be sure to stop by and leave some love for the design team whose cards are amazing.

I can't wait to see how you use the sketch in the gallery!



4 comments:

Neva Cole said...

What great choices for this fun sketch! I love the angels, I'm a collector! The music behind is so thematic for the entire card. I am almost done with my hand-made Christmas cards for the season. This might be one I will CASE!

ElizStewart said...

I would be honored! And congrats on having all your handmade cards done!

Jane Knudsen said...

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for being our guest for this challenge! You represented us well and those angels - oh my! Love them!! This card puts me right in the Christmas mood and a certain tune in my head! Thank you again! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Claire Grantham said...

And we couldn't be more thrilled to have you with us. Especially with this gorgeous card that brings my sketch to life so well! I love your # idea.. I might have to start doing that, as some of my sets have tripled their ROI :) Thank you for guesting with us at Retro Rubber. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Claire DT