Recognition

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Just Us Girls #609 -- WORD Week


At Just Us Girls this week, Nancy is hosting WORD week... and the theme is MERRY!  What a great word!  Who is the merriest person of all...SANTA! I immediately thought of this wonderful new stamp by Stampingbella, Tiny Townies on Santa's Lap.  I decided to channel my inner Alice Huang, Alice's {Little} Wonderland, for this card.  I love Alice's style: lots of coloring, layers and sequins!  The image was stamped, Copic-colored, and fussy cut.  Santa was mounted on top of various scrap Christmas papers, and a few star sequins added.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, Tabbed Sentiments Holiday.

Remember we are welcoming Rachel Davis as a Guest Designer for the month of November!  Check her out!

Be sure to stop by each of the DT member blogs, check out their cards, and leave them a bit of love.

I can't wait to see your MERRY creations in the gallery!  Have fun crafting.


7 comments:

Nancy said...

If I was to try to mix papers like you have here it would be a hot mess! Eliz, This is such a wonderful card. I can see why you added this stamp to your stash. Well done! Have a great week and sorry again about my total screw up. I totally forgot you were on that coast! Next time!

Rachel D said...

Such a great mix of papers, they really make a cohesive background. Love the colours and textures! Thanks for having me as guest designer this month.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What fun use of papers and patterns! Your little Santa scene is cute too

cm said...

From the patterned papers, to the joy-filled focal image, your card makes me feel merry! Absolutely delightful in every way!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulous image and so beautifully coloured. Loving all the bits of perfectly placed papers Elizabeth. Love it!
PS Yes I knew my paper was the Stewart Tartan. I cherish every little bit. You have the perfect surname! My family tartan is Forbes.

Bobby said...

Wonderful Copic coloring, Elizabeth. That scene is darling and I can even see the twinkle in Santa's eyes.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That Santa image is fabulous and your design is awesome with all of the different patterns on this very merry card!