Recognition

Thursday, October 21, 2021

TIME OUT #199




I am thrilled to be a guest designer at TIME OUT this week.  The theme is "Down to Earth" with the option of a kraft cardbase.  I have to admit that I was a bit stumped at first but then I decided to take the theme literally.   I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida, and often see the space launches from my backyard.  Above is a picture of the SpaceX launch, September 15, with its all-tourist crew.  I thought of the capsule returning to earth or "down to earth", thus my card.  

I used the world from My Favorite Things You Mean the World to Me, taping all the pieces in the back.  I diecut a circle slightly smaller than the pieced earth on an A2 black panel.  I white embossed the starry background (Amuse Artstamps Starry Background) prior to attaching the earth to the back of the black panel.  The panel was adhered to a kraft cardbase.

The stamped, Copic-colored, fussy cut, starship is from Paper Smooches Space Cadet.  The space window is covered in a thick dome of Glossy Accents.  The white embossed sentiment is foam mounted, from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words.

Be sure to stop by each of the DT member blogs, check out their cards, and leave them a bit of love.

I can't wait to see your color creations in the gallery!  Have fun crafting.

5 comments:

Quillish said...

I love your take! Fantastic!! And so beautifully done. The Earth, the stars , the rocket. Brilliant scene. Thank you for being our guest at Time Out ❤

Shauna said...

This is such a cool scene! I love your use of the earth die and the embossed stars. So fab! Thanks so much for joining as guest designer!

Gerrina said...

I love how you took the words so litterly with the raket coming back to earth! And that you used a black background! So glad you are our Geustdesigner at TIME OUT this challenge!

Nonni said...

Such a wonderful card! The earth just pops from the black base, love this design and all the details. So good to have you guest designing for us at Time Out!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is an absolutely perfect take on our challenge, and yes, it was quite a challenge! Thank you so much for joining us as GD. It is always a joy to see your work, and a thrill to have you design with us!