Recognition

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Tic Tac Toe Challenge TTTC #135


Hi everyone!  Thrilled to be a guest designer with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge again.  Today's board is all about Halloween if you want it to be!  I focused on the bottom row: BLACK, CAT, EMBOSSING, and tried something a bit different for me.  I made a shaped card. 

I used the kitty from Clean and Simple Stamps (OOB). I die cut the body 4x, twice from black cardstock, twice from white cardstock.  This allowed me to layer the front and back and "hide" the rough die cut side.  I scored one layer close to the ears, lined in scortape (a strong adhesive) and attached to the second layer.  Now I have the black cat. I die cut the tail and adhered between the two layers of the front panel.  

I die cut the "ghost" costume from vellum and thought about how to attach to the card.  Usually I just run vellum through my Xyron machine and the adhesive is pervasive enough that it doesn't show through the vellum.  But this ghost was too large for my little machine. I created the eyes and nose (die cut from rose Mirracard) from basic shapes in my stash.  The first spot to attach the vellum would be the nose, but I needed more spots.  

I knew I needed an embossing element so I embossed a spider web onto the vellum and added a small spider sequin (unknown source). Using a scallop die, I created "paws", foam mounted and attached.  I die cut a small treat or treat bag from Kraft using Memory Box' Mini Shopping Bag, and stamped a sentiment from Essentials by Ellen Pumpkin to Talk About.  I smooshed the mini bag down, stapled,  and adhered under the paw.  Now I had five spots where I could hide adhesive and mount the ghost costume!  Easy peasy.

Be sure to stop by each of the DT member blogs, check out their cards, and leave them a bit of love.

I can't wait to see your color creations in the gallery!  Have fun crafting.





4 comments:

LeAnne said...

THIS IS SOOO CUTE!!! I don't know how I missed it earlier! Just adorable! So happy you were our GD this week!

Jeanne said...

This is precious! What a cute kitty trick-or-treating as a ghost. It's so fun to have you guest designing this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Elizabeth, this is just tooooooo cute! What a fun idea :) !!! The little spiderweb and spider are a great detail...love the big googley eyes too! Thank you for being our guest this week! Hope we'll see you play many more times :) !!!

Liz Williams said...

What a cute way to use vellum!! This is just the cutest thing ever!