Recognition

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Jingle Belles - I'm dreaming of a PINK Christmas


Again this year, Stef and Lauren, Jingle Belles, are challenging us to make pink holiday cards in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, AND plan to donor $4 for every challenge card entered to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  As a woman in treatment for breast cancer... all I can say is THANK YOU!

In making my PINK Christmas card, I used an old technique to feature poinsettias from Simon Says Stamp Winter Flowers.  I gold embossed the poinsettias on vellum, die cut, and colored the back of each flower in pink.  Using a scalloped frame from Mama Elephant, I die cut a pale pink layer for my card base.  The vellum flowers were adhered using a Xyron machine.  The primary sentiment, peace, is from Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Holiday Words, die cut and layered from gold Stardream cardstock.  The sub-sentiment was masked and stamped from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Holiday Words.  The final touch was gold "dots", source unknown.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful card!

SmilynStef said...

ooo ... love the beautiful ethereal pink blooms ... and the gold sentiment really pops ... thanks so much for going PINK for the holidays with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, this is a luscious confection of a card... every element is perfection. (i'm saving this to my inspo file!) thanks for joining our pink christmas fun (& helping us raise a little money!) at JINGLE BELLES! ♥