Recognition

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

PP556 - A Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge from Jaydee


We are working with a Tic Tac Toe grid this week at The Paper Players.  I focused on the leftmost column: FEMININE, BIRTHDAY, and FLORALS.  I used a great cover stamp from Taylored Expressions for the background (Doodle Flowers), and loosely colored the flowers (one color, no shading, simple).  The sentiment is from a very old Papertrey Ink set called Penned Elegance.  I am finding the old acrylic stamps are not stamping as cleanly as I would like... but I am unsure how to fix the problem.  The sentiment is stamped on scrap cardstock, die cut with a Simon Says Stamp outline frame (the outer outline is Copic colored to match the flower colors), and mounted with foam tape.  A few flat, translucent sequins finish the card.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Gorgeous floral beauty here! I love the colors and how crisp your back outlines are. The inlaid scallop sentiment is a wonderful detail! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So fresh and pretty Elizabeth - I love it! Those flowers frame your sentiment oval beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Eliz, I am in love with those modern florals and the simple coloring. The green sentiment layer really helps to focus your eye on the sentiment. Love it. So glad you joined us at the Players again this week
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Eliz! This is such a happy, floral image. I love the bright and cheery colors. The outline frame die is awesome. What a great detail! Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players this week!