Recognition

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Tic Tac Toe Challenge TTTC125 – Featured Designer Claire


I struggled with the grid this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I worked with the top row: SUNFLOWER, TWINE, and GREEN (leaves).  I initially made a card using the first column and the Papertrey Ink Sunflower coverplate. I filled the open areas of the coverplate with glitter. I think the card would have worked if my selection of glitter was better, but my green was too green, and my yellow not yellow enough.  Sometimes it is so frustrating to go to all that work only to toss a card. (Nothing is ever really tossed, I have friends who put my "mistakes" to good use.)

Starting over, I have created something entirely different (which I like!). I stamped and Copic-colored the sunflower from Papertrey Ink's Botanical Blocks on kraft cardstock. The panel was trimmed, mounted on gold Stardream, and a small piece of twine tied around the panel.  The panel was adhered to a kraft card base which was embossed with Lil' Inker Designs criss-cross die.  The die cut sentiment is Simon Says Stamp Script Hello.

Enjoy!



4 comments:

Stef Perry said...

I was feeling your pain Elizabeth, going to all that work only to not like the end result. Glad to know I'm not the only one lol! However, this card is absolutely gorgeous with the muted coloring of the sunflower on kraft cardstock and the embossed back! Thanks so much for joining the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Your layout and use of that cool background drew me to your card. The coloring of your sunflower is perfection!!! Thank you for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

LeAnne said...

This is stunning...wish I had this set, it's gorgeous! Your background is perfect too...love it ALL!