Recognition

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Inspired By...IB181 Fintastic Birthday




The team from Inspired By... are back from their summer holidays and proposing a new format.  I think they will be giving us the choice of using the proposed inspiration across two "occasions" on a weekly basis.  This week we have the choice of a Fintastic Birthday or Christmas.  I have had an idea in my head for a bit which I executed for this challenge.  I focused on the under the sea element of the challenge.  From the front, my card looks rather simple.  A white embossed sentiment from My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments. 


Three "portholes" are the focus; easy to make using Hero Arts infinity circles, transparencies,  and small button brads from my stash.  But my portholes are the first layer to a tri-fold card.


When opened, the next layer is the underwater scene that can be seen through the portholes. I used die cuts from Poppystamps Cottage Leaf, Avery Elle Coral Reef, and fishies from Mama Elephant's Fishbowl.  Opening the underwater layer leaves a blank card to write a message on.

Enjoy.








2 comments:

Danni Reid said...

This is AWESOME, definitely FINTASTIC! Love your creativity, your interpretation of the challenge is incredible! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Elizabeth you've really taken a deep dive into your creative juices today! What a fabulous card! Loving all the corals, and those brilliant yellow fish! A SCUBA cute card - thanks so much for playing along at IB!
=]