Recognition

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Twofer Card Challenge #40 ~ BIRDS


This month at the Twofer Card Challenge the keyword is BIRDS.  We are expected to to make two different design layouts for two different occasions using the same stamp, die or stencil.  I was amazed at the number of ideas I had once I decided to My Favorite Things Birds of a Feather.  The set is very versatile. 




My first card is a Christmas card.  My Favorite Things Sending Christmas Joy was die cut from a trimmed A2 panel covered in Christmas washi from Memory Box.  The sentiment was die cut in black and inlaid. The "cardinal" was Copic-colored and foam-mounted. A small Paper Smooches fern was added to the bird's mouth; gold Smooches covers the beak.







My second card is a Thank You. The branches and leaves are pieces of Mama Elephant's Tree Branch Cover, mounted on patterned paper.  The sentiment is clear-embossed, from Ellen Hutson.  The MFT bird set contains left and right bird images.  Again the "bluebirds" were Copic-colored and foam-mounted.  Silver Smooches covers the beaks, and Inkessentials black enamel was added to the eyes.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this twofer set. I adore bird cards. I’m going to try and play!

Darnell said...

Elizabeth, these are so pretty! I love that little bird that can be turned into any species and I love the wonderful background designs you created for them! Thank you for playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I love these birds, Elizabeth! They serve well as Cardinals or Blue Jays! Fantastic backgrounds for both! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!