Recognition

Thursday, July 15, 2021

The Paper Players PP549 - A Color Challenge from Jaydee


This week at The Paper Players, we are working with COLORS: Bumblebee (yellow), Misty Moonlight (blue), and Just Jade (green). Once it dawn on me that blue and yellow make green, I decided a watercolor card would be perfect for the challenge.  This is one of my favorite flowers...from My Favorite Things Flowers in Bloom.  The sentiment and image are clear embossed on Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  Using a wet watercolor technique, I dropped blue and yellow Kurtake watercolor on each petal and let the colors mix.  The final touch was translucent sequins.

Enjoy.



4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful water coloring, Eliz! I love how the blue and yellow mingled to form green. The scattering of sequins is the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Nancy said...

Fun job with our colors! What pretty flowers! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players.

Debbie Crowley said...

Beautiful display of the colors, this week. Your water coloring is art! Thank you for joining us at the paper Players this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That watercolouring is so 'artsy' Elizabeth and a great way to combine the colours. I love the added sequin sparkle too! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!