Recognition

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Alphabet Challenge: H is for Use 'Happy' in your Sentiment


This week at the Alphabet Challenge, H is for Happy!  We are using Happy in our sentiments.  I decided to make a birthday card... I am always in need of birthday cards!  This card is deceptive.  It took time.  I used Honey Bee's new Candle Coverplate.  I had intended to make a rainbow of candles but it would have taken forever to die cut all the pieces.  I die cut the background from white cardstock and purple Stardream cardstock.  The back of the white diecut was covered in Scortape, and all the purple candle pieces inserted.  The remaining "flame" openings were filled with Amy's Magic fine orange glitter.  The Mama Elephant sentiment was die cut from gold foil and adhered to the completed coverplate.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Hi Elizabeth! I admire your patience and all the work you did to make that awesome background, and the glitter flames was a great idea. Great card, glad you joined us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, this card is great and a labor of love! I think it turned out great! Love the Happy Birthday die you used - it's perfect to let the candles show through. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!