Recognition

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Alphabet Challenge - G is for Green or Gold


This is my first time at the Alphabet Challenge.  So forgive me if I have not followed the rules perfectly.  The challenge this week is focused on the letter G with the theme of either GREEN or GOLD.  Although I incorporated gold into my card (HAI gold foil tape), I am more focused on green cacti.  I was not sure if other colors are allowed.  I will learn over time.  Thanks for letting me participate.

The card base was distressed in DOX Barn Door, Carved Pumpkin and Fossilized Amber; Fired Brick was stenciled over the background using Paper Smooches Patterns stencil. Gold foil taper served as the anchor for the cacti.  A My Favorite Things Sweet Succulents sentiment was stamped at the bottom. The cacti are dies from Concord and 9th's Stuck on You. All die cuts have been distressed in DOX greens.  "Big Hugs" is from Simon Says Stamps. Translucent sequins finish the card.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

Your creation is perfect for our challenge. I love the summer vibes that come with the cacti and the bold colours in the background, and the sequins are a wonderful little detail. Such a happy card overall, fitting for so many occasions. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Deborah Wheeler said...

Great card, Elizabeth. Those lovely warm tones in the background set off the green cactus perfectly! Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge - hope to see your creations in future challenges as well. Deborah (DT)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Hi Elizabeth! Glad to see you join in at the Alphabet Challenge. I don't think we have any super specific rules on the color challenge, other than the given colors be obvious and the "highlight" of whatever you create. Love your cactus and the background, a great card for those of us here in AZ!