Recognition

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Just Us Girls #838 -- Anything Goes STENCIL Week




Join us! It is Anything Goes 
STENCIL week at Just Us Girls.  Carol Mc is challenging us to use a stencil in our cards.  I decided to go old school this week.  I used a simple, one-layer stencil to quickly and easily make two dozen cards for donation. In the featured card, I used an adorable ducky from Rabbit Hole to create baby cards; in the second card, I used a ribbon stencil from Brutus Monroe to create breast cancer encouragement cards.  On the ducky card, I added a beak and eyes with Copic markers. I trimmed the panel and added a scallop border and line sentiment. I mounted the panel on a yellow card base and finished with gems. The edges of the second cancer card are embossed, and a layered, vellum-backed sentiment and gems were added to finish it off. So easy and very effective.

Check out our fabulous guest designer for August, Betty Keefe. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at created by bjk

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/Dies/Stencils/OtherPapertrey Ink Line It Up Baby dies
My Favorite Things Stitched Scalloped Rectangle frame dies
Rabbit Hole Designs Oh Duck! stencil
Simon Says Stamp Love Your Guts die
Brutus Monroe Ribbons stencil
Pinkfresh Blanket Stitched Rectangle frame dies
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid yellow and pink cardstock
Amuse Art Studio gingham cardstock
Vellum
InkVarious Simon Says Stamp dye inks
Copic markers (duck beak and eyes)
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards gems
Desk Staples Dahle 550 Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

1 comment:

cm said...

A duo of beautiful cards! Looks like we went similar directions in playing with our simple, one-layer stencils. Your dozen donation cards will be much appreciated.
hugs~carol