Recognition

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Just Us Girls #748 -- WORD Week

Stephanie is challenging us to incorporate the word LEAVES into our cards this week at Just Us Girls.  I made a simple (and beautiful!) foiled leaf card. Sorry about the lousy photo but I have no idea how to get the lighting right for foiled cards.

I have to be honest.  I didn't jump on the foiling bandwagon for years.  But recently I purchased a Gina K Fuse foiling machine.  Why? Jennifer McGuire said the Fuse could serve as a laminator as well.  My laminator had been recalled. At one point, I had tried foiling with my laminator but everything was just splotchy.  So I had a tube of green deco foil and the above card fronts at home; not touched for years after my initial foiling attempt.  I just didn't want more equipment in my small craft room, expensive plates to buy, etc.  The Fuse is great.  As you can see, perfect foiling every time.  Gina K's polyglaze sheets make foiling die cuts easy. And these toner cards are perfect card fronts.  Also I can foil anything printed on my laser printer. I should say Jennifer was a bit wrong.  The Fuse does laminate but not a full-size sheet (8.5x11").

This card is so sparkly, it didn't need much embellishment.  I added a layered white sentiment backed by vellum to finish.  

Continuing with my New Year's resolution, I made six cards for donation to Operation Gratitude, an organization supporting our Military and first responders letting them know that what they do matters. One of the handmade items they request is handmade cards for their care packages so recipients can write their loved ones.

Check out our wonderful guest designer for October, Kerry Parkinson. Please welcome her and check out her fabulous work over at Kerry's Papercraft

Also check out the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesUnity Deco Foil Toner
Card Fronts - Tranquil Leaves
Simon Says Stamp Just Because
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Vellum
Ink Deco Foil, green
Embellishments
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape


No comments: