Recognition

Sunday, July 7, 2024

The Paper Players PP697 - A Theme Challenge from Claire

I am thrilled to be a new DT member at The Paper Players!  A few years back, I was a guest designer for a year; I loved the team and the challenges.  Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have questions on my cards. I will be looking forward to your challenge entries.  Challenge entries always inspire me.  From you, I learn about new products, new techniques and new styles.  

Onward to today's challenge!



Claire is challenging us to incorporate SUMMER FUN into our theme cards this week at The Paper Players.  I turned to one of my favorite summer pastimes... floating around in my pool, earbuds in, listening to a great mystery.  The stencil is new-ish from MFT.  I used only one ink, Distress Tumbled Glass, I rotated the stencil four times to achieve the effect you see. In other words, plan on a bit of time to stencil.  However, the end result really does look like pool water!

The MFT Pure Innocence image is Copic colored and mounted with foam tape at the top, glue at the bottom to allow the layered sentiment to lie correctly. Final touches... a simple white frame and sequins.

My 2024 New Year resolution is to make at least one multiple of every challenge entry.  In keeping with my resolution, I made two of this card.  My goal in making this resolution was to have more cards to donate.  Most weeks, I will let you know for whom the cards are being made... this card was just for fun!


Check out
 our fabulous guest designers as well as the res
t of the design team.  These ladies work hard to inspire you each week.  Drop by their blogs and leave them a little love.

Enjoy!  I am looking forward to your inspired creations in the gallery. 

Elizabeth

Project Details
Stamps/DiesMy Favorite Things Pure Innocence Fun in the Sun
Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine
My Favorite Things Perfect Pool Water stencil
Essentials by Ellen Essential Rectangles
Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazzill solid yellow cardstock
Vellum
Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Embellishments Little Things by Lucy's Cards sequins
Desk Staples Dahle Personal Rotary Cutter
Scor Pal Mini Score Board
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting
Ranger Stamp Platform
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M ATG 714 Tape Adhesive
3M foam tape

9 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Elizabeth, I am thrilled you are part of the Paper Players team now! You know I love to float and these PI girls are so FUN! This bright, happy card is perfect! Thank you for making my challenge shine!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on the new gig! You are the card making Queen! 👍

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! I love how you used the stencil for the background. It really does look like pool water.

LeAnne said...

That background DOES look like pool water...it's very refreshing to look at since it is hotter than you-know-where right now up here in PA! Your little pool gal is colored perfectly too! I think you have the right idea about making multiples of a card...I TRY to do that but sometimes I just forget! Anyway, it's adorable and I am sure the recipient will love it! Looking forward to creating with you in the future!

Jan Clothier said...

I love the way that the background paper is just like swimming pool. And what bliss lying in the pool is on a hot day - a perfect summer image. I'm so pleased to be back on the team with you Eliz. Your cards are so perfect. :-)

Stef Perry said...

Such a perfect card for the very hot weather most of us in the US are experiencing! A dip in a pool would be wonderful right now, especially one as pretty and serene as the one the PI gal is floating on. That sentiment is just spot on as well! I'm so happy that we'll be creating together Elizabeth on this wonderful team!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Welcome properly Elizabeth - so thrilled you are on board with us as a permanent Paper Players member! This card is just fab - I'm sure you've been doing a lot of floating with the temps you've been having in your part of the world of late. That pool stencil is awesome - that's the second time I've seen it on a card this week, such a realistic effect. Your little girl is super cute too. A fab card!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute little girl, soaking up the rays! Your card, with this amazing stenciled "pool water" is the epitome of summer fun, Elizabeth! I am so happy you are back as a permanent member of the Design Team!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Welcome to you Elizabeth. I love the details on this card and the water looks so very inviting.